Critical illness insurance plans are designed to cover treatments and medical care for life-threatening health illnesses and conditions. Because the costs of treating critical illnesses are exorbitantly high, they tend not to be covered by typical medical insurance plans.
So while most people assume that having standard medical insurance is enough, this isn’t always the case. Treatment for even one critical illness can be financially damning.
What Does a Critical Illness Insurance Plan Cover?
Critical illness insurance plans cover medical care and treatment for illnesses such as:
- Heart attack
- Organ transplants
- Coronary bypass
- Kidney failure
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Paralysis of limb
Treatments for these illnesses are extensive, and can easily outstrip a typical family medical insurance plan.
Moreover, if you don’t have a health savings account (HAS) or an emergency fund, you’ll find it difficult to cover the costs.
How Much Does It Cost?
Critical insurance coverages vary depending on the policy offered. You could find yourself eligible for just a few thousand dollars, or qualify for a $100,000 payout.
The pricing and extent of coverage for a critical illness plan depend on a number of different factors: gender, age, health, and family medical history are just a few of them.
What are the Benefits of Critical Illness Insurance Coverage?
Critical insurance coverage comes with many benefits; some of them include:
- You can pay for critical medical services that may otherwise be unavailable.
- You’re covered for medical treatments that standard medical insurance policies don’t usually cover.
- It pays for commute expenses to and from treatment centers.
- It pays for retrofitting vehicles to carry wheelchairs, scooters, and more. If patients can’t use the stairs at home, some policies pay for installing elevators in the home.
- It covers the daily living expenses for the critically ill so they aren’t wholly preoccupied with trying to pay their bills.
As a leading insurance broker in Florida with years of experience, we ensure our clients and their families are secure with strong financial plans and insurance coverage.
If you require affordable critical illness insurance FL, Universal Life Insurance FL, or term life insurance services in Broward County, Pinellas County, Palm Beach County, Hillsborough County, and elsewhere in Florida, get in touch with us for a free quote! Or call us at (800) 381-1245.